• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

G-Klass 500 Matte Wrap

StickySigns

This was the project I did for a Harley Dealer around here I thought I'd Share.

It was Desinio Blue but they wanted something that looked thougher and would have the logo's come out better.

This is about the 6th full car wrap I've done.
I used Avery 900 Supercast on this one, did 80% by myself.

The result is amazing with the glossy vinyls on top.

Attachments

• Gklass1.jpg
    Gklass1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 83
  • gklass0.jpg
    gklass0.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 74
  • gklass2.jpg
    gklass2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 69
  • gklass3.jpg
    gklass3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 81
  • gklass4.jpg
    gklass4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 69

Maxphobia

Nice! I've been thinking of doing my truck in a matte black with a semi gloss vinyl for accent peices. Really nice work you did.

StickySigns

We removed door handles, antenna, wipers, bumper corners, front grille, headlight covers and the fenders.
thx for the feedback

I have the mat/glossy black on black on my company car:
Alfa147Stickers.jpg

which everybody seems to like a lot :)

Here's another mat Mercedes ML we did (I don't know why we get so many demands on mat look? :p)
MLFront.preview.jpg

@Jesse, calling a G-klass ugly :omg2:
It's an icon (hasn't changed for something like 30years or so :))
and it drives like a dream...

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000
:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:

"Deposit Please"

Customer interested in getting top of his fj cruiser wrapped with matte black. He wants to cover the white. Good thing is...he doesn't have a roof rack :thumb: I was looking at the oracal970 ra matte black. Anyone one of us work with this particular vinyl before? Any other recommendations for matte black? Vinyl needs to be cast 60" wide , long term and preferably with air-release.

Attachments

• fj signs101 gogo.jpg
    fj signs101 gogo.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 70

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only solid color "wrapping" film I've tried so far is the Oracal 970RA. Still need to add logos and the peice on top of the front bumper but it was pretty easy to work with. The worst was the most inner part of the side steps on the bed. Those came back up some and will need patches - I think I hit the limit on how far material can get stretched on those spots but for 99% of other full wrapped vehicles we have done I dont think that would be an issue. I think it went on just as easy as a printed and laminated wrap with 3M 180C.

Customer interested in getting top of his fj cruiser wrapped with matte black. He wants to cover the white. Good thing is...he doesn't have a roof rack :thumb: I was looking at the oracal970 ra matte black. Anyone one of us work with this particular vinyl before? Any other recommendations for matte black? Vinyl needs to be cast 60" wide , long term and preferably with air-release.

Attachments

• GMC.jpg
    GMC.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 66

StickySigns

I haven't used the Oracle Matte, so I cannot judge :)

The Magnum looks very nice!
Altough it looks like your matte is more satin than avery's or Arlon's.
You still see the reflections in it (might be the picture)

There is a Air Release MAtte black from Hexis that is very easy to work with, but also more glossy.
The very matte from Hexis is very scratch sensitive...

I had the great idea to do mine with the Arlon Cast Matte Black (which is a pain to work with, compared to the Avery) both don't have air release, but are VERY Matte, and VERY scratch resistant...( I drove my car several times trough a car wash with no damage at all)

Problem is when my customers come in they see my car and want the same thing...

I would just suggest to work with a wet squeegee (if you don't already have that habit), and don't forget to tell the customer not to "polish" the car :p