• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ga 6.21

Creen

I have a problem that I hope somebody can help me with. I have Graphix Advantage 6.21 (i know... I need to upgrade). Anyway, the hard drive went on my old computer so I had to replace it. Now I am trying to re-install GA back on it and it gives me this error message -

Please enter your password for 4.x to 6.20 upgrade or type “Disk” if you have a valid option diskette

The disk is not an upgrade and I don't have a password. I've had to re-install before and do not remember coming across this problem. Needless to say, the Edge has been down for nearly a month with all the issues and I'm extremely backed up and need help asap if anybody can. Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think what it's telling you is that the dongle thinks it is an upgrade and requires a password supplied separately to proceed.

Creen

I figured as much, but I'm pretty sure I've never had to do that before. I guess I have to go through more of my paperwork and pray I find it :(

Thanks!

Creen

I just spoke to GSP technical support and she said there never was a password associated with GA 6.21. She said that my computer doesn't seem to be reading my dongle correctly.. any body have any instructions on Dongle configuration???

Jillbeans

I had this same problem once with my GA6.2 and it did have something to do with the dongle and password.
Hopefully someone will be able to help.
My GA was installed by a technician and I didn't even know where the password card was located, I rooted through 10 years of stuff and old boxes I'd saved.
I can't remember what I did to make it work again.
Love.....Jill

ahmed bakr

I have a problem that I hope somebody can help me with. I have Graphix Advantage 6.21 (i know... I need to upgrade). Anyway, the hard drive went on my old computer so I had to replace it. Now I am trying to re-install GA back on it and it gives me this error message -

Please enter your password for 4.x to 6.20 upgrade or type “Disk” if you have a valid option diskette

The disk is not an upgrade and I don't have a password. I've had to re-install before and do not remember coming across this problem. Needless to say, the Edge has been down for nearly a month with all the issues and I'm extremely backed up and need help asap if anybody can. Thanks!

Please i had the same issue, can you tell me what you made to solve this issue, please help me