• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gallery Wrap Canvas Print

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...My question for you is....do you have a system for folding the corners...this is my biggest challenge....can't seem to do it the same way twice!

Not a system, just a way of doing it. As far as it being the same twice, it probably won't be but you sure as hell can close in on it.

Generally it goes like this...

Start stretching and stapling the canvas from the center out on each of the four sides.

When you get about half of the long sides stapled or you have only 5 or 6 inches to staple before you get to the end of the stretchers,whichever comes first, then finish stretching and stapling the short sides all the way to the end of the stretchers.

Make your corners one at a time. The important thing is to get the inside fold to start right at the top edge of the stretcher bar and not somewhere on the side of the stretcher bar. Hard to visualize but when you do a corner it should become fairly obvious what I'm talking about. Sometimes the corner of a Teflon squeegee can be used to tuck this fold right up to the top of the stretcher bar.

What you're trying to achieve is 4 hospital corners but with the piece on the outside of the corner that usually would be at a 45 degree angle coming straight down instead.

d fleming

Just finished. SImple wrap with some very old family pics for Dad.

Attachments

• gal1.jpg
    gal1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 99
  • gal2.jpg
    gal2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 95
  • gal3.jpg
    gal3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 107

Bill Modzel

I have a whole stack of precut brick mold that I picked up at Goodwill years ago to make
print screens. Now that all my frames are aluminum I've been using it for gallery wraps. It's the perfect profile and it's pre primed to boot.

Tim Kingston

Thanks for the tip, very interesting. When you order your "kit", does include the plastic corner pieces and glue etc. or is that a separate "kit" order? Thanks, Tim

W

wetgravy

Technically it's not a gallery wrap since it's not back wrapped and uses adhesive to hold the print on there. (And thus reducing archive quality) But I do like some of the techniques with it though. And I could definantly see some corporate applications with that technique.

Brandon708

Technically it's not a gallery wrap since it's not back wrapped and uses adhesive to hold the print on there. (And thus reducing archive quality) But I do like some of the techniques with it though. And I could definantly see some corporate applications with that technique.

I'm really on the fence with this product. On one hand is a very fast and simple way to do a canvas but on the other it seems to lack the quality of a actual Gallery stretched canvas.

I am wondering how customers would react to this type of application. Will they look at it as cheap?

signswi

Average Joe? Going to be all over it. A real (non-hobby) artist? Won't be happy, but those types tend to go to speciality art print shops, not sign shops.

Marlene

Yeah, I really like Izzy's music! He's gone, but not forgotten! He is actually from a place on Oahu called Makaha, where my wife & I love and have vacationed many times!

well now I feel bad knowing he's dead...every time I here that song, I want to shoot myself in the head as it's such a horrid rendition of such a beloved classic. nice video. makes it look easy to do. like the part about not choping off fingers

W

wetgravy

Average Joe? Going to be all over it. A real (non-hobby) artist? Won't be happy, but those types tend to go to speciality art print shops, not sign shops.

Pretty much hit that one on the head. For commercial applications ... perfect. Artists though will end up going with shops that can go with proper wrapping on canvas and spot color adjustment. Though, if most are like me, they will have a large format printer in their studio for just this.

Brandon708

I haven't gotten the hardware but what size do you need to make the image is you use the 1.75"x12"x18" stretcher bars? I didn't see the answer on their website.

Rooster

Regular stretcher strips are cheaper, faster and easier than what I saw in that video. No adhesive gets used and you wind up with better tension to boot.

iSign

...every time I here that song, I want to shoot myself in the head as it's such a horrid rendition of such a beloved classic.

well, Marlene... everyone has a right to their opinion...
-
-
-
-
even when it's wrong! :omg:

In the year 1998, Kamakawiwo'ole's recording of "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" featured as a sound track in the movies Meet Joe Black and You've Got Mail, and in 2000, in the movie Finding Forrester.[7]

2004 "Over the Rainbow" was featured in the ending scene in "50 First Dates" [8]

"Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" reached #12 on Billboard's Hot Digital Tracks chart the week of January 31, 2004 (for the survey week ending January 18, 2004), and passed the 2 million paid downloads mark in the USA as of September 27, 2009.

On July 4, 2007, Kamakawiwoʻole debuted at No. 44 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart with "Wonderful World," selling 17,000 units.[9]

In April 2007, "Over the Rainbow" entered the UK charts at #68, and eventually climbed to #46, spending 10 weeks in the Top 100 over a 2 year period.

In October 2010, following its use on a TV advertisement, it hit #1 on the German singles chart, selling 300,000 copies.[10]

As of November 1, 2010, "Over the Rainbow" peaked at No. 6 on the OE3 Austria charts, which largely reflect airplay on Austria's government-operated Top 40 radio network.[11]

On December 6, 2010, "Iz" was named one of the 50 great voices on NPR. [12]
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Raulrdz

These kits have been around for several years now, I have bought two so far from Lexjet. They carry canvas material for water based and solvent as well. The work great!

rcook99

I don't think so.

Brandon in Tim's video he made his print 2" larger all the way around. So using 1.75" I would add that to each side for a total of 3.5" or in your case would be 18x21. Again going from what I read on Tim's video. Where did you order your system from? I am also looking at trying one as I print Canvas with my Canon.