• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gallery wrap pricing?

mnapuran

On anything less than 30" on the long side I'll use commercial 1x3 [nominal] stretcher bars. I buy a stock of them them from various places on-line, wherever the best deal that day might be. If I need a size I happen to be out of I stop by the neighborhood Hobby Lobby and get a single set of four. The bars purchased on the cheap on-line tend to have very small knots and the odd bark irregularity but they're uniformly straight and sound. The ones from Hobby Lobby are always clear wood but thet cost a bit more. Just pop them together, square them with a framing square, and drop two or three staples across each corner joint. No glue, no fuss. Takes maybe a minute. None have ever come apart and no one has ever complained about any irregularities, mostly because 75-80% of the entire bar is covered with canvas.

On larger sizes I use finger joint and primed brick mold. It's the perfect size and shape. Available at any home improvement center or lumber yard. Cut in the miter saw, a drop or two of Tight Bond and the stapes up the joint on both sides. Takes a couple of minutes longer and costs a bit more, but I charge accordingly. Gives a larger more substantial looking finished product.

During the entire process the thing that takes the most time is having to reload staples into my air stapler.

Gotcha... I thought maybe you did something other then staple the canvas on. We build our frames the same way (although we glue) but stretching and stapling the canvas on takes some time. Looking at some quicker methods (something like copying the Easywrappe system)