• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi 1224 Vacuum wipe...Seems too good to be true...

So I recently discovered vacuum wipe whereby the carriage goes over a glorified vacuum cleaner attachment that sucks extra ink from priming down into a hole somewhere. (a waste tank that I do not know how to empty lol)

This seems superior to the wiping with a lint free towel method...what is the catch?

jminke

There is no catch.

The waste tank that you don't know how to empty actually drains into the larger waste tank every time you do a vacuum wipe. The catch is that ink does solidify over time in both of these waste tanks. Both of them have 2 pumps which are the same for pumping ink from your bulk tank into your reservoirs.

The main catch is tweaking the speed and suction so that is actually works properly and doesn't wipe each colour ink to the neighboring colours.

I'd be happy to help with more details.