• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi (AGFA) GUV Ink not sticking

S

Stan B

Hello,

I was wondering if those who run Gandi Flatbed printers with GUV ink set noticed ink performing much worse than 1/2 year ago or so. We are running into terrible issues with adhesion of the ink to substrates, ink peeling and chipping off.

Thanks,
Stan.

Typestries

this ought to get interesting. They (agfa) are pushing hard for our ink business back. But this post is exactly why I'm not so sure.

We were High and Mighty on the GUV ink for a while. We were working direct with Clem who makes it and buying GUV for $50.00 a liter.

Then we starting getting bad batches of LC then Cyan. Totally screwed machines up to the point of replacing heads, rebuilding resevoirs, check valves. Complete BS...

There are pigments in the Gloss ink that clog up the machine and raise havoc with performance.

Switched back to Sun Jet Premium.

We are over Agfa Jeti Gandi (Whatever the hell they call themselves) anyways and are moving on to bigger better machine.

Good luck and get that GUV poison out of your machine ASAP......