• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gap between test print passes

IsItFasst

I noticed some major streaks in a print yesterday so I did a test print. Had some magenta in my yellow. It's probably been years since I replaced a cap tops so figured it was time. Replaced both cap tops and color went back to normal. But noticed between passes on a test print there is a very small gap. Can't find anywhere how to calibrate that in the service manual. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• File Jan 17, 8 37 33 PM.jpeg
    File Jan 17, 8 37 33 PM.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 339

C5 Service&Repair

That isnt a service menu item. In your menu go down 3(i think) clicks and you'll see CALIBRATION. Do the test print and enter the value that results in the 2 black boxes touching perfectly.
Your value is too high and needs to go lower.

SIGNTIME

In Versaworks, under printer controls, there's a drop box under feed calibrations controls, you can change it to use printer settings. The adjustment is made at the printer though like everyone else said, menu > calibration > test print, pick the value with no gap or overlap and select and enter the value under settings.

IsItFasst

Thanks all! I knew I had seen that before and made that adjustment was lost trying to find it in the service menu.