• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Garage Door Numbers

Hi everyone,
I have been asked by a heavy truck dealer to number their garage doors. They have 14 bays with wood grain like texture on the the doors. The previous installers work peeled off after 1 year, & I do not want the same results! What would be a good vinyl to use. I will be using a Roland versa camm. Thanks in advance!

2B

best option is to make a sign sign and screw it to the wood. Go take a good hi def picture of the wood pattern, print the image with the bay number stick to some 040 and none the wiser to install.

If that is not an option then use vinyl to stencil the numbers and paint.

back to the vinyl question, you need to use a low energy adhesive Arlon 8000 is a good option

MR. Graphics

watch out if they are roll up doors. any age on them and the painted surface turns to dust like the area not ghosted on a semi. i would try a sample on the door after a good cleaning.