Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas Station brand change

Discussion in 'Materials' started by rydods, Mar 20, 2013.

1. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin
    We are providing digital vinyl for a gas station canopy. 4 sides 4' tall 24' long on 2 shorter sides and 102' on the longer sides. We will need a vinyl to cover existing graphics (not letters). We typically use Arlon for other digital applications. Is there a standard vinyl and laminate to use for this application?

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Been doing these for a pair of gas chains for quite a while now. National graphics company produces all their graphics and sends us 3M IJ180 vinyl.
    I work a LOT with Arlon 6000xrp and would say this would be just as good, if not $$$better.

For canopies, rock a scissor lift and you'll fly through the wrap.

3. signpost-boston

signpost-boston Making America great, one sign at a time.

Jul 18, 2010
    Boston, Ma.
    whatever you use, like high performance, the old will show through. some kind of a wrap material with a grey backer. i say "cheaper" because those panels are all flat, right? cheapo vehicle wrap stuff works fine on flat surfaces. get to curves and not so much!

4. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Their company does the installs we just provide the vinyl. :) all flat surfaces too. Thanks for your help.

5. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    Use a high quality wrap film. Everyone i've done was IJ180c