• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC 640t Laminator

Tech rep wants to sell me one of these. Been doing a lot of searching but not finding a lot of information other than what's on GBC's site. Scene329 gave it a positive recommendation. Any others out there have any experience with this model?

Mark

Rooster

I have the GBC arctic 64 cold laminator. This looks nearly identical except for the addition of the heat assist top roller. The only complaint I have about the laminator is the pressure settings are all fixed widths and there's some substrates that are thicknesses that don't correspond to the presets. Not really a problem though as I just crank it down to next lower setting and haven't had any problems.

Supposedly this is the replacement for the 1064WF. The included rear take-up is nice for roll-to-roll operations. The addition of heat would be nice to have as an added benefit. Plus it's a grand cheaper. Was just wondering if there were some sacrifice in quality for that $1,000 reduction in price.

I haven't been able to find a parts manual for it yet. I bought an Arctic Titan 165 a few weeks ago from ebay (Bad idea, rollers were all cut up. Trying to get my money back). The 1064 was its replacement. It was very similar with many of the same part numbers. It looks like they didn't change much for the new 640t.

Mark

Safetyguy

It is fixed. Mixup in their parts dept had them send the wrong part out a couple of times. It was a fluke thing & they were very apologetic.

The 1064WF is a great machine & normally rock solid reliable. I like the idea of the heat assisted roller on the 640T to reduce any silvering still visible if the customer picks up their stuff right away.