Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBC Falcon 36 Laminator

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by psbc2009, Jul 2, 2011.

1. psbc2009

psbc2009 Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Ohio
    A company in my area is selling one of these for about $1000. We just do basic laminating of prints and some mounting to foamcore etc. No wraps.
    Is this a decent laminator? Looks like new it was $15-20K. Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Tags:
  2. OhioSignShop

OhioSignShop Member

Jun 5, 2011
    I have a GBC FALCON 60+ and have not had any problems for 8 years. Very heavy industrial equipment. Will need 220V 30amp if it has hot top and bottom rollers like mine. Check the rollers for cuts and see it run if possible. Service is available from GBC in Chicago. Nice solid equipment and has been a real workhorse for us. Seems like $1,000 is too cheap.

3. psbc2009

psbc2009 Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Ohio
    falcon 36

I have seen the unit - looks like new. Wondering how old this system is and what parts availability will be?? It is heated rollers.
    Thanks for the reply!