• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC/GMP Laminator setup question

Artmachine

Hi all.

We have a GMP Excelam 1400 laminator (which is basically a rebadged GBC Arctic Titan). It had a massive jam caused by it somehow running on attended with the laminating film wrapping itself around the lower rubber roller until it jammed solid and destroyed the machine's transformer....

Anyway, we had to remove the machine covers and take off the upper roll's tension blocks etc so we could force the rolls apart and clean off the lower roll.

So, my question is this - what's the correct way to set up the upper roll's tension blocks? All we have is the Parts List manual which only shows exploded diagrams with no hints on setup.

As I mention above, this is basically identical in every way to the GBC Arctic Titan range mechanically and electrically.

DEXRON12

Laminator

I have the exact same Laminator and trying to find parts for for it. Do you know of anyone who supplies parts for these machines?

Gene@mpls

I have a 4-5 year old RoyalSov laminator that I was searching for a procedure to adjust the rollers and found a post that said to use Plastigauge-
which makes a lot of sense to me- I ordered some from Amazon. Gene