• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GBC Laminator - reverse wound issue

bayviewsignworks

I apologize if this thread exists - I did a search but did not find one. I was using Oracal 290 gloss which comes reverse wound and when exiting the rear of the GBC laminator it travels in the same direction as the feed roller turns - this is good and I never have an issue with it getting sucked up into the other (forward) rollers. We switched to 3M for several reasons and it's wound the opposite way which causes it to hit the feed roller, which is now going against the material as it come out. I'd have to put a piece of cardboard or something between the roller to keep it from getting stuck.

Does anyone have a suggestion - or tip?

Picture just shows craft paper but does the same thing with media.

Attachments

• IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181

unclebun

You have to pull that first foot or so out, holding it away from the supply roll of material. Once it's hanging off the end of the laminator, gravity suffices. When the supply roll is smaller, there's less of a problem because the exiting vinyl won't touch the supply roll and stick.

bayviewsignworks

You have to pull that first foot or so out, holding it away from the supply roll of material. Once it's hanging off the end of the laminator, gravity suffices. When the supply roll is smaller, there's less of a problem because the exiting vinyl won't touch the supply roll and stick.
I've been trying/doing that but gravity isn't enough. It seems to curl up even with pull pressure. I've even tried placing a piece of cardboard in between there that works but it's a pita.

bayviewsignworks

So now the backing - take-up reel - keeps turning, after I stop. I'm already using one hand to separate the feed and exit - how do I keep the take up roll from continuing to roll when I stop??