• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC laninator - power light on, doesn't run...

iSign

anyone know if there are fuses hidden somewhere?
My manual is no help, but there are a bunch of 250V fuses in with it... some 6.3 Amp, and some 2 Amp... but I've had it 4 years and don't recall needing one... I've looked all over 3 times... but there is a half laminated "rush" print in there, & I don't want to start unscrewing access panels wildly, if i might find someone who knows where i should be looking

jgolo

By chance you did not push one of the emergency stop buttons in or is there something small blocking the light beam? Simple, but could happen!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can't be of any help here Doug, don't own one of those.
I hope you get it sorted out, I couldn't help but notice that I have the exact same problem with some of my employees. At least I think the light is on.

Happy new year to you.

wayne k
guam usa

iSign

well, it's sorta still a mystery, but sorta not... it happened when showing a new prospective employee how to run it, and I did two myself, showing him how the foot switch is good for starting off slow, but then you can reach over to the "run" button & dial up a faster speed...

I gues I usually let off the foot switch right when I hit run, but I didn't mention that... anyway, right when he hit run, with his foot still on the foot switch... it just stopped...

I couldn't figure it out but i think the cosmic intent here was to encourage what took place next.. the guy had failed to be able to do anything i needed all day, & worse yet, he didn't even know he was messing up... so I sent him home because i have some serious deadline pressure & it is really not the time for me to be training unless someone see's it once, & takes over and gets things done...

Once he was gone, I checked the emergency stop buttons 3 times, removed, replaces & generally rattled both the infeed & the hold down bars that have electronic sensors in them... did that about three times too...

...but i just went a rattled the hold down bar real hard & presto... crisis over (except the deadline)

gotta go laminate!

astro8

I've had 2 laminators ..Applikators that are temperamental like that...sometimes have to rattle and wait and next thing presto it works. I'll know what to do now if the GBC starts acting up. Just loose connections somewhere.