• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC Pinnacle 27 Laminator

autoexebat

I just picked this up for $500.00 brand new! I see the specs say from 1.5 to 3mil , What would happen if I was to try 8 mil lam in it ? think it just wouldnt feed ? or get stuck ?

Also what is the gain of having a heated laminator ?

autoexebat

Thanks ! I will only be using it for ATV graphics so I pray 8 mil will work :) I will be trying it here shortly and will post back.

autoexebat

OK small update

#1 this is NOT meant for vinyl laminating , it's actually meant for double sided stuff.

Can't turn the heater off , so any thin lamination would probably melt.

Since I was using 8 mil lamination I was able to still use it as a feed system and it didnt melt because it was think.

Thank god I only paid 500 bucks !

Biker Scout

They make a special kind of kraft release paper for these kinds of laminators that allow you to do single sided. Also, consider using a sled. Even if it's a paper sled. But look into the kraft paper. It loads on the bottom roller.

(You could technically wire in rheostat to dial down the heat. After all, like you said... it was only $500)

autoexebat

Thanks good idea , Thankfully I am only doing 5 feet sections at a time.

I did notice the graphics came out really glossy ! I'm guessing this is because of the heat ?

Also , any idea how much pressure they use ? curious of the changes of the laminate peeling away from the vinyl ?