Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GCC Bobcat B-60

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by sullosau, Sep 28, 2005.

1. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Heya boys n girls

Is there anyone here that by chance also bought a GCC Bobcat B-60?
    I used to use a rolad and boy am I wishing I had one again, Im having troubles trying to cut from Corel which I was able to do with the roland.
    The supplier sent me "drivers" after I asked them if there was such a driver that Ive seen for roland units and all they sent me was the original drivers from the driver cd that comes with the machine.
    Ive tried in vain to get this unit to work from something other then the not so joyous joycut software supplied with the machine as when I export a file from corel or illustrator to a format it recognises it reduces the image size so when I drag it bigger it pixelates and thereby useless....
    Any words of encouragment or something would be appreciated.....
    Apart from a bottle of lighter fluid and a box of matches,
    incidently cutting lettering etc is great the machine at least does that part right!
    Frustrated..
    Steve

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I don't know anything about that cutter or software... but I do know that cutters cut vector files, & vector files don't "pixelate" so either your software is converting a vector file to uselessness... or the files were already useless. Saying your bringing files in from corel or illustrator implies vector files, so I assume it is in the transition that something goes wrong. Maybe you are getting the rastor preview image that is often associated with a vector file somehow. Are you trying different export file formats out of illustrator, like eps... or dxf maybe. You siad you can cut letters great. How? by typing them out in "joycut"? ... but never yet from an illustrator file?

3. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Doug I broke up your quote and answered it line by line, might be confusing..

Yep straight into joycut

Theres gotta be some major pilot error Im doing but I cant see it myself, I went nuts and bought corel and illustrator, Ive used corel years ago and had a lot of success with it, but the morning I ought it I also saw Illustrator too and recalled something about how great it was, now Im just fighting with the pair of them! (read swearing at monitor)
    I am "trying to rtfm as well"

Steve

4. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    umm sorry about the massive typos guys hard to type with bandage on fingies from slight mishap with tinsnips and sharp metal at work today....

Sorry!
    I can type really I can!

5. sullosau

sullosau Active Member

Sep 8, 2005
    well heres something interesting I recvd the demo for vinyl master pro a few days ago and just got my machine to do a successful test cut and import those vector files into the prgram, cant tell if they cut ok as its a demo but looks from this I might just have to buy this proggy to get more out of my cutter :/