• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GCC Expert 24 LX cutting pressure issue

T2

Hey everyone,

So I recently got this cutter and I am using WinPCsign with it. I finally got it dialled in perfect making great progress cutting detail. The next day I turn it on and go to do a saved job that I had set up the night before and the pressure is all out of wack! All of a sudden it is cutting way to deep (through the backing).

The delima I am struggling with is, adjusting the pressure through the GCC control panel and or the cutting pressure in WinPCsign before cutting. Currently I have my blade set to 0 on the holder (barely exposed) the pressure on both the GCC control panel setting and the WinPCsign software to 80 and it is still cutting through the backing... I make a test cut, it looks good, than I go to cut a something and its cutting through the backing... Also I am using a Duracal 530 calendered vinyl I think its 3.0mil

As previously mentioned I had it setup perfect, I had only been using the WinPCsign pressure setting to dial it in and I had it set to 120. This was making fine detailed cuts with no lifting or cutting through the backing.

Any ideas?

T2

*Update*

As it turns out even with the blade a 0 it was still to exposed. If anyone new like me is reading this just know that you can continue to reduce it past 0 (just keep turning it).
I guess it would be sitting at the equivlent of -2 now...

I am still not clear as to how I was making perfect cuts at 120 pressure (since it is now at 60 based on the new blade depth). But regardless I am back up and cutting so Im happy I am no longer wasting material.