Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GCC Expert 24 LX cutting pressure issue

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by T2, Jan 8, 2014.

1. T2

T2 New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Hey everyone,

So I recently got this cutter and I am using WinPCsign with it. I finally got it dialled in perfect making great progress cutting detail. The next day I turn it on and go to do a saved job that I had set up the night before and the pressure is all out of wack! All of a sudden it is cutting way to deep (through the backing).

The delima I am struggling with is, adjusting the pressure through the GCC control panel and or the cutting pressure in WinPCsign before cutting. Currently I have my blade set to 0 on the holder (barely exposed) the pressure on both the GCC control panel setting and the WinPCsign software to 80 and it is still cutting through the backing... I make a test cut, it looks good, than I go to cut a something and its cutting through the backing... Also I am using a Duracal 530 calendered vinyl I think its 3.0mil

As previously mentioned I had it setup perfect, I had only been using the WinPCsign pressure setting to dial it in and I had it set to 120. This was making fine detailed cuts with no lifting or cutting through the backing.

Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. T2

T2 New Member

Nov 27, 2013
    *Update*

As it turns out even with the blade a 0 it was still to exposed. If anyone new like me is reading this just know that you can continue to reduce it past 0 (just keep turning it).
    I guess it would be sitting at the equivlent of -2 now...

I am still not clear as to how I was making perfect cuts at 120 pressure (since it is now at 60 based on the new blade depth). But regardless I am back up and cutting so Im happy I am no longer wasting material.