• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

G'day from Cobargo

5acrefarmer

Hi

After living in Sydney Australia for over 40 years I finally escaped 4 years ago to a small small town out in the country (and near the ocean, nice combination!).

This town of Cobargo and its surrounding area has never had a qualified signwriter before so it is a wierd experience for all of us. Educating the locals about the advantages of good signage is a challenge at times. Would you believe there are two shops in the main street that don't have any signage at all !?! I've tried to help but to no avail.

It's great to be able to go online and be in touch with people who appreciate our trade.

Nice to meet you all, Ian

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA.
Problem with small small towns is that everyone knows what business are in town so what would be the point of getting a sign made?

5acrefarmer

Small towns

That's so true, word of mouth is big here. If a business can survive without signage then maybe with signage it can grow as new people move to the area and also people passing thru.

It's satisfying if you find out a clients business has improved because of better signage.

5acrefarmer

Lucky me . . .

I've been to almost all the cities or states or provinces you all live in.
Even Nova Scotia ( and Nuffieland)

Dave Drane

Hi Ian, welcome from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland... just where is Cobargo?? enquiring minds need to know. It sounds like the small area nobobody knows about where I need to retire to.. jk.

5acrefarmer

Cobargo

Hi Dave

Cobargo is on the far south coast of NSW, just north of Bega and south of Narooma. Pocky little town (or some word much smaller then town) which could not support a Signie if he had to earn a proper income. Semi-retiring to the country and working part-time is pretty good.