• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini letters installed this week

Doyle

Hello everyone, haven't been on the forums for a little while, we are super busy. Thought I would share some photos of this job we installed this week.

Customer provided the artwork, I had custom Gemini letters made. Top line of copy is formed plastic, lower is 3/8" cut acrylic. The leaf is cut from 1/2" MDO, painted. There was a lot of drilling involved in this install, and we cut a small section of the clay tile that hangs over the edge of the roof to make room for the leaf to protrude.

Overall I think that the job went really well. The customer was great to work with (he always is) and he was super excited to see how this project turned out. I really like it when the customer gets all giddy when we are finished. He and his graphic designer were very excited about it.

Let me know what you think!

BTW I cannot say enough great things about Gemini. I had a tight deadline to work with on this job, and they came through for me like they always have. Their service and product are number one in my book, highly recommend!

Attachments

• IMG00151-20100512-1550.jpg
    IMG00151-20100512-1550.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG00152-20100512-1550.jpg
    IMG00152-20100512-1550.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG00153-20100512-1550.jpg
    IMG00153-20100512-1550.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 104

signgal

Noice! Great way to make "generic" letters look out-of-the-box creative! Clean and professional

Marlene

nice looking job! love the leaf and the letters. also love that the building was painted in a way so that the sign and site go together.

kstompaint

love that the building was painted in a way so that the sign and site go together.
I was thinkin' the same thing Marlene, that really helps the over all picture.

Gemini can't be beat. We installed a job with their formed plastic last week... I'll try to post pics soon.

wildside

turned out real nice, question though.... whats with the groundworkes and not groundworks... i read it as ground workies? just curiosity.....

Craig Sjoquist

It really looks nice ... even though I'm not a big fan of lowercase letters below lowercase letters ..In this case with a long line it seems to have worked well.

With the smart look of those Gemini letters even better.

GP

Wow - that looks great! Really really great. Congratulations.

Curious, does the "roundworkes" part of the logo have 1/2" standoffs so it sits on the same plane as the "G", mounted to the leaf? I really don't mean to pick apart a really nice install, just curious.

(I really want that building)

GP

Doyle

turned out real nice, question though.... whats with the groundworkes and not groundworks... i read it as ground workies? just curiosity.....

Your guess is as good as mine, I didn't ask him....

Thanks for all the feedback!

Doyle

Wow - that looks great! Really really great. Congratulations.

Curious, does the "roundworkes" part of the logo have 1/2" standoffs so it sits on the same plane as the "G", mounted to the leaf? I really don't mean to pick apart a really nice install, just curious.

(I really want that building)

GP

Formed letters at top stand off 1/2" to compensate for the leaf (1/2" MDO), and the lower copy (3/8" acrylic) are standing off about 5/8", so they are on a different plane, but are also not as deep as the formed letters. I figured if I tried to keep the stand-off with all the letters, the acrylic letters would be standing off a little too much.

edit: sorry, misread your question. Yes the "roundworkes" letters are standing off 1/2" and the "g" is flush mounted to the leaf. Same plane...