Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gemini letters installed this week

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by Doyle, May 14, 2010.

1. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Hello everyone, haven't been on the forums for a little while, we are super busy. Thought I would share some photos of this job we installed this week.

Customer provided the artwork, I had custom Gemini letters made. Top line of copy is formed plastic, lower is 3/8" cut acrylic. The leaf is cut from 1/2" MDO, painted. There was a lot of drilling involved in this install, and we cut a small section of the clay tile that hangs over the edge of the roof to make room for the leaf to protrude.

Overall I think that the job went really well. The customer was great to work with (he always is) and he was super excited to see how this project turned out. I really like it when the customer gets all giddy when we are finished. He and his graphic designer were very excited about it.

Let me know what you think!

BTW I cannot say enough great things about Gemini. I had a tight deadline to work with on this job, and they came through for me like they always have. Their service and product are number one in my book, highly recommend!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Sign_Boy

Sign_Boy Major Contributor

May 18, 2007
    USA
    That's some nice work right there!!!!
    :thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. TheSellOut

TheSellOut Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I am a big fan of Gemini myself and that is a great use of their letters....Nice Work!!

4. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Noice! Great way to make "generic" letters look out-of-the-box creative! Clean and professional

5. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    nice clean work. one for your portfolio for sure

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    nice looking job! love the leaf and the letters. also love that the building was painted in a way so that the sign and site go together.

7. kstompaint

kstompaint Active Member

I was thinkin' the same thing Marlene, that really helps the over all picture.

Gemini can't be beat. We installed a job with their formed plastic last week... I'll try to post pics soon.

8. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    That turned out swell!
    Love....jill

9. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    turned out real nice, question though.... whats with the groundworkes and not groundworks... i read it as ground workies? just curiosity.....

10. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    It really looks nice ... even though I'm not a big fan of lowercase letters below lowercase letters ..In this case with a long line it seems to have worked well.

With the smart look of those Gemini letters even better.

11. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Wow - that looks great! Really really great. Congratulations.

Curious, does the "roundworkes" part of the logo have 1/2" standoffs so it sits on the same plane as the "G", mounted to the leaf? I really don't mean to pick apart a really nice install, just curious.

(I really want that building)

GP

12. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Your guess is as good as mine, I didn't ask him....

Thanks for all the feedback!

13. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Formed letters at top stand off 1/2" to compensate for the leaf (1/2" MDO), and the lower copy (3/8" acrylic) are standing off about 5/8", so they are on a different plane, but are also not as deep as the formed letters. I figured if I tried to keep the stand-off with all the letters, the acrylic letters would be standing off a little too much.

edit: sorry, misread your question. Yes the "roundworkes" letters are standing off 1/2" and the "g" is flush mounted to the leaf. Same plane...