• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini Resellers so cheap and fast??? WTH

Billct2

I always thought it was weird that Gemini didn't have Gemini as their web address. Now they have geminisignproducts, but it was something odd before.

spectrum maine

I have met the guys that own that domain. They have had it for 20+ years. They are a regular shop who do many different kinds of signs. Nice Guys

Andy D

Gemini catalog price is $11.10. My cost from $6.60. The resellers price was $10.58, so yes they are discounting the letters from Gemini's catalog,
Just a FYI, if you're trying to back out a 40% mark up from $11.10 & come up with $6.60, you're doing it wrong, you don't times it by .6, you divide it by 1.4 . Your cost on a letter that is $11.10 & marked up 40% is $7.93

Last edited:

bannertime

I just want to clear something up before someone, somehow looses a bunch of money.

Gemini works off of Margin and not Mark Up. There is a difference.

Someone using 40% mark up is making considerably less than someone with 40% margin.

So a 40% margin of 11.10 would be 6.66 like 2ct said.

Business Calculator w/ cost, margin, sell, and tax. These things are amazing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 156

Andy D

The weird thing is everything else is mark up, for example, catalog price for a 12" aluminum custom cast letter is $91 x .60 = your price $54.60...
but if you add colored anodized finish it is a 45% mark up, not margin.

bannertime

The weird thing is everything else is mark up, for example, catalog price for a 12" aluminum custom cast letter is $91 x .60 = your price $54.60...
but if you add colored anodized finish it is a 45% mark up, not margin.

Heck, I don't know, I'm confused now.

Wait.

That's a 40% margin on the $91. Also, I can't get it to show anything besides 40%.

Last edited:

Andy D

I appreciate your post because I never noticed that "Show net price calculation" button.
I had a specific conversation with a Gemini rep, asking if it was marked up or margin & she said marked up.

Last edited:

Andy D

Catalog price $91 x .6 = $54.60 cost, that's a 40% margin, but the catalog says to add 45% for anodized finish.
$54.60 x 1.45 = $79.17 cost, that's a 45% mark up.

Last edited:

Andy D

I guess it makes sense, when you're showing the catalog prices to a customer and (for example) a letter is $100 and it says to add 45% for a custom anodized color, they are going to expect it to be $145 not $181.81