• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gemini????

Johnny Best

I just received a notice from them about supply lines being slow and wait times were going to be longer. In the same boat as the rest of us.

rossmosh

Gemini has sent a ton of emails over the last 6 months basically saying "We're behind. Be patient." My sales rep told me they didn't lay anyone off and they're fully staffed, but I just don't believe it.

As for the situation, any reason you can't use their book/website to do the quote?

I've also always found if I call them and speak to a rep, they'll often push you to the front of the line, especially if you've waited a while.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I have had a few projects get a little sideways this year waiting on Gemini, but what I have noticed is once you get everything approved, production is fast. I just sent an email about a quote to them and it looked like that would add 5-7 days, so I sent another telling them to move it to an order. I don't have 5-7 days to give for a quote that I have already quoted through the book. I would say they are understaffed, there is no way 21 days for a quote is acceptable. Hopefully they get things ironed out, I still have a few other orders to place with them. There are other places to get certain items, it has been my experience that Gemini is worth the wait most of the time.

unclebun

Even if they didn't lay anyone off, they most likely in the same boat as everyone else. After the extended lockdowns and stay at home orders they had in their states where they operate, people didn't come back to work.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I usually use their online estimator for projects and then save them off so i can just submit that once it becomes an order. i haven't really experienced any delay. even when i needed a quote on some custom items, it was a couple days and I got my reply.

try reaching out to your rep. make a call, not an email. see if they need more from you in order to put the quote together.

Billct2

I use Matthews for plaques and they are further out than Gemini, so I just placed an order with Gemini. There are other plaque makers, I have an ARK Ramos catalogue.