• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Formulations, good stuff?

landdesigns

For the heck it I ordered the General Formulations 100,series Laminate from Fellers to try, using mostly on Racecar Graphics which are short term , I wasn't to fond of the thickness but the gloss is very nice..I used it with oracals 3165ra because I like air regress.I was wondering if anyone has tried there other products?

JustinKaise

reply about General Formulations

G.F is the maker for half of the films out there - do a little research and you'll find most of the companies "store brand" is made by G.F. They make good stuff and they make cheap stuff. I have found each is just about worth what you pay for it - which I think is fair and reasonable. When I want CHEAP CHEAP white printable to do a bunch of indoor labels - I use the cheapest Oracal I can get (like $65 a roll delivered (30" x 150ft)) - prints good -overlams good and looks good on the store shelves for a couple years before the product is sold and package tossed.

As far as wraps and high-end stuff - I respectfully bow to those guys who know what they are doing as that is a very exacting science, and you really have to know what you're doing or work for someone who does for a while and they will all have a film / lam combo that seems to work best for their climate, ink and machine, application style, etc.
but generally yes - I've found GF stuff fine. (In fact - I'm not 100% sure they don't also make Oracal?) - lol

extr33me

Reply about General Formulations

Hi,

GF is a good grade film. For what you're doing, I'd personally use the 231 laminate - but it is a bit more expensive than the 100.

jman

its good stuff, ive used it for years. Fellers shinerite house brand vinyl is GF and Grimco still uses it for their Briteline along with Avery.

neil_se

I've used a fair number of rolls of the 201HTAP and never had a problem. I haven't used any other series though.

Bly

We use a bit of Automark for box trucks.
Seems ok but can leave a bit of adhesive when removed.

I got a roll of that 201HTAP when I was looking for an alternative to Arlon DPF8000 but it didn't feel as sticky.
What do you use it for Neil?

MagnetStew

We pretty much only use GF. For decals we use Concept 201 and 202. For laminate Concept 105 and 111. Good stuff IMHO.

TDFcustomSL

For race cars I like to use the Instant One Media. Cant beat it for the money. Check them out. They offer samples also. Ive had customers comment that it was the easiest wrap to apply that they've had.

neil_se

We use a bit of Automark for box trucks.
Seems ok but can leave a bit of adhesive when removed.

I got a roll of that 201HTAP when I was looking for an alternative to Arlon DPF8000 but it didn't feel as sticky.
What do you use it for Neil?

I stock the DPF8000 as well. I use the 201HTAP for painted walls, machinery and equipment, really anything where I'm dubious about our regular polymeric (Avery 2923) lasting. We previously use it for our wallpapers before Phototex. We still use it where it's a long-term wallpaper or if it needs laminate for protection.

Then the DPF8000 for concrete pathways, poly tanks and other low energy surfaces.

gnatt66

can't beat Instant One's Products. ive run MANY rolls of it through my printer/laminator at this point...love the product.