• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Formulations?

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Has anyone been using general formulation vinyl? One of my suppliers has mentioned it a couple of times and it is a pretty big savings per roll.
We are doing a lot more repeat decals. Small stuff that does not need the AR. We usually only carry one calendared vinyl 3651 RA and just do everything on that but the decals that we are doing do not need that AR and could possibly be done on a cheaper vinyl.
My concern is the white value difference and shrinkage. If anyone has used this particular brand please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We go through rolls of the stuff. We have clients that aren't worried about decals lasting more than a couple of weeks so it doesn't make much sense to spend more on premium products for those style jobs.
Their HTAP is wonderful stuff also... super high tack and will stick to nearly anything.

TheSnowman

I had a supplier offering this to me too this week. I was leery about it. I told him if the price is good, I might be into it for removable vinyl for my auctions, and maybe some intermediate stuff. I'd too like to hear results people have had with it.

DirtyD

GF is very good IMO.. There 203 is great for decals, shrinkage is very minimal, I like the white point. They also have a Air release and it is beautiful.. The release liner releases like butter, The print quality is great I use 3M profile on my Roland for it. There Lam is decent. I like them, haven't had any problems.

AaronSSsignsKC

General form is a good product we run a lot of 201 and 203 OAP. The 230 is also a good medium grade product. We use mostly 3m but always have general form in stock it is just a versatile product and can help you hit price points, I would def give it a shot.

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Thanks!

Well sounds like the reviews here are better than I was expecting-will try it thanks!

gabagoo

I run nothing but GF matte white 54" . Prints great and has a really nice thick backing paper...