• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

general questions

printmaster

Hello there Roland users !

I'm currently about to decide whether to buy a Roland or a Mimaki JV-33
as our first wide format printer.

- Is it true that solvent inks will last at least 12 - 18 months longer than Eco ?

- Personally I would think that a separate cutter is more convenient
especially when laminating as not to keep the printer occupied just
for cutting. Your point of view?

- How reliable are Rolands in general ? (we will get a 160 cm printer)

thanks in advance !

Andreas

We have two VersaCamm's and a Graphtec FC7000. After laminating cutting is usually done really fast, so we still do it on the VersaCamm. VersaWorks also makes it really easy to cut after printing, so it doesnt take much time at all. We use the FC7000 for cutting only.

We havent had much trouble at all with our machines. The pump started leaking once, but that was the old type, and after switching to the new type, ther havent been any trouble at all. Very reliable imo.

We only use Eco-Sol Max, so I dont know about other inks.

Andreas

About 3-4 years ago we printed an outdoor sign (Avery print vinyl on aluminum plate) without laminating it. It still looks great. It doesnt seem to have faded at all. Obviously you should laminate everything that is for outdoor use, but this shows that even without lamination it lasts a long time.

We do car wraps and window graphics, basicly everything you can apply vinyl onto we do it. For window graphics we usually cut vinyl on the FC7000.