Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Survey - warranty

Discussion in 'Polls' started by WVB, Oct 5, 2005.

1. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Just curious to know what shops from around the country state as there warranty for graphics installed by their shop. I know Oracal states 6 years for 651 and 7-8years for 751 even up to 10 for 851. But in terms of fading/cracking/peeling what is the guaranteed life you tell your clients? Also say there vehicle is black in color with red vinyl. Do you give that person a different life guarantee as opposed to a white car with say blue/black vinyl? I would like to hear from people in say Florida where its just generally hot all the time to say Michigan where its hot summer time and snows in winter. Thanks to all in advance.

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I seldom get asked about a warranty.
    If asked it's 1 year. Same as a builder gives on a $750,000 house.
    But I have replaced signs years later if I felt it was our fault, or the customer was important enough.