• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Generating Proofs

Flame

Why do you need to show square footage and how you're going to print the panels... in a PROOF to the customer!?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
How about something with a template that calculates square footage, shows panel sizes, etc?

You can do a template for that in any design/cut/print program. The final output is what they're asking for. Some of those programs already have PDF output capabilities.

In my opinion, a PDF file is the easiest format for any customer to review.

JB

signswi

Create a LTR template in InDesign with fields for customer, designer, date, revision history, etc. and in the main area place a PDF of the actual art proof, export the whole thing as a PDF with all colors converted to sRGB, downsampled to 96ppi, fonts embedded, read only.

WrapWorks

Create a LTR template in InDesign with fields for customer, designer, date, revision history, etc. and in the main area place a PDF of the actual art proof, export the whole thing as a PDF with all colors converted to sRGB, downsampled to 96ppi, fonts embedded, read only.

Good idea. Thank you

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
How about something with a template that calculates square footage, shows panel sizes, etc?

Corel has tools to show panel sizes..

Illustrator has CadTools by Hotdoor to calculate square footage and panel sizes.