• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Generic Cleaning Solution for solvent ink

centinela

Hello,

I have a Mimaki CJV30-100 and I am running out of the Cleaning Solution for solvent ink that came with the machine. My supplier sells the same brand, but it costs 80€ (110US$)!!! I don´t mean the one that comes in cartridge, I mean the 200cl bottle for hand cleanning.

My question is, does anyone know al alternative cheaper option?

Thanks,

Inigo

shoresigns

Sounds expensive, but how long do they last? A week? Month? Year? I can't remember the last time I bought one of these for my Roland, so they definitely last over a year in my shop—we clean weekly and use maybe 1-2 cc's—in which case I'm not too concerned about saving a few bucks on something that costs me 30 cents a day.

There are a number of people on here who make their own solution. Search for posts by artbot and MikePro and you will find their recipes.

I don't worry about it anymore because I switched to Bordeaux ink and their solution is about 1/4th the cost of Mimaki OEM.

MikePro

:supersmilie:true shout-out definitely goes to Artbot for sharing his info with me in the first place. :)

triangle & bordeaux make great cleaning solutions at a very competitive price to OEM. i'm pretty sure any 3rd party supplier will-do, as its all pretty much the same stuff.

however, if you do want to try making your own (search s101 for) "Homebrew" cleaning solution then it will save you a bundle in the long haul. Last I remember doing my math, a Liter of 3rd party cleaning solution was almost half of OEM, but it cost me about the same amount for ingredients to make 2 gallons via my local chemist.
Its basically acetone watered-down by solvents, which is also basically the chemicals in the ink itself, minus the pigments & fancy packaging.

be careful tho'. you'll find yourself using it a LOT more because its so cheap, and your printer may be cleaner as a result.... BUT, you'll be swimming in it. Always wear proper protection & use wisely in a ventilated area.
...writing this post, i'm having flashbacks of that feeling when your skin is swimming in solvents. love love love my latex printer.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hello,

I have a Mimaki CJV30-100 and I am running out of the Cleaning Solution for solvent ink that came with the machine. My supplier sells the same brand, but it costs 80€ (110US$)!!! I don´t mean the one that comes in cartridge, I mean the 200cl bottle for hand cleanning.

My question is, does anyone know al alternative cheaper option?

Thanks,

Inigo

One liter (1,000cc) cleaning solution for solvent, eco solvent ink for $50 plus shipping. Shipping cost to Span might not be cheap but compare with the $110/200 cc, it is a great deal. Give us a message with a shipping address. We can give you a quotation. Hope this helps. We use this cleaning solution to clean lines, soak printheads, clean up the floor, anything that solvent based ink touches. Not the strongest but works great!

http://www.premiercolour.com/solvent-cleaning/

Francis