• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

genuine pumps

diarmuidrobson

Hi,

I bought some "genuine" mimaki ink pumps today instead of the cheaper generic type.

I kinda half expected to find these pumps stamped or labeled with a mimaki logo but nothing.

I remember reading somewhere genuine pumps don't make the clacky noise as the cheaper ones, is this so?

Both the cheap generic & "genuine" look almost exactly the same which gives me doubts these pumps are genuine.

Is there a way to tell the difference?.

Cheers

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Original pumps definitely make the clackey noise... As far as how to tell an original for an aftermarket. Been a while but I've seen many of both and for the most part they do look near identical. I cannot recall if there was any marking on the actual pump though.

tomence

I couldn't tell a difference in appearance but in terms of longevity genuine outperformed the aftermarket by a lot. I am talking 3-5 months vs 2-3 years