• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber 4B

petrosgraphics

fred, same thing, had 4 people 3 machines. purchased the 1st one for*

around 15k. within 2 months picked up the other 2. big dollars at the time,

through the years they made us a lot of money. still have one in mothballs.

*every now and then dust it off and fire it up.. a bit noisy they were, but it

*was the sound of money being had..

Milo

Remember? I still have two 4B and a Gerber 750 and they still are running! They built these boys like a tank.

syn1ders

Wow. Cleaning my storage and found this. Just curious, how many here started with a Gerber 4B? That thing is soooo heavy. Lol.

View attachment 81263
Talk about a blast from the past, recently lost my original 1983 4B it was still in working order had all the fonts and cadlink extra purchased brand new I was the 2nd sign shop NYC 2 buy 1 back in the day. That thing made me plenty of cash. moola, duckets, semolians, benjamins, money ya'll. Today people with no expertise. skillz, or even horse sense call themselves sign makers. Remember One Shot and a mahl stick still use from time to time. If u know what a mahl stick is send a smile emoticon.

Z SIGNS

What a great machine.I was in awe when I first saw it.
I come from the years BC and I am fascinated with how things have changed.
I think it's the new toys and tools that keep it interesting.

Here is some stuff around our shop.
Some things haven't been touched for a long time.
one shot.jpg cutawl.jpg ep.jpg cross fire.jpg

Don't forget the weights for blade pressure

Billct2

You've got the start of a nice sign museum there Z. Someone asked for a recommendation on a paint the other day and I was going to suggest Japan Colors but realized they wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Z SIGNS

It's actually a k-10.Got a k-7 also both still work great.
Now we have all this technology and tools which is great
but I often wonder if life wasn't better in the before computer years.
To get the same dollars we got 25 years ago we have to produce 2 times the amount of signs.

Jillbeans

I just passed all my Gerber stuff along to a fellow sign gal.
I rarely use a mahl stick, but I have one, and a few pounce wheels.