Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber 750 plus

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by jchristians, Mar 15, 2007.

1. jchristians

jchristians Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Siloam Springs
    I am wanting to start a side job of cutting vinyl decals at home...found a 8 year old 30" Gerber 750 plus for sale for $500. has the punched sides for keeping the vinyl on track. can anyone tell me if they think this is a deal? thanks!

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We have a 750 HS plus. HS just means ours is faster [High Speed].

Great machine. Make sure it's in complete working condition. They aren't cheap to fix.

Ours new... cost around $18,500.

Haven't had anything done to it since the day we bought it... June 1995 and it's still going strong.

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    We have an S-750 built in 1989 and still going strong. Just keep it clean and lubed and it will run forever.

What you need to look into is how you're going to drive it. Your profile says nothing about what you may already have in the way of software or hardware. I drive my S-750 with an interface card supplied by Gerber called an LMK card. In addition, I create and send my jobs from Gerber Omega software.

There are probably other ways to drive the plotter but I would be unable to describe the setup.

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    We have an S-750 built in 1989 and still going strong. Just keep it clean and lubed and it will run forever.

Nothing LAST forever!!!

5. jchristians

jchristians Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Siloam Springs
    Thanks guys for the helpful info! i really do not have any software...actually this may be my first purchase in starting my "decal business/hobby". I am sure if i buy this machine, the seller will point me in a direction of software, etc. thanks again!

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Don't buy the machine without the software. Otherwise you'll find yourself looking at $2000 + to buy that.

7. jchristians

jchristians Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Siloam Springs
    GREAT to know! thanks so much Fred!