• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber 750 plus

jchristians

I am wanting to start a side job of cutting vinyl decals at home...found a 8 year old 30" Gerber 750 plus for sale for $500. has the punched sides for keeping the vinyl on track. can anyone tell me if they think this is a deal? thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a 750 HS plus. HS just means ours is faster [High Speed].

Great machine. Make sure it's in complete working condition. They aren't cheap to fix.

Ours new... cost around $18,500.

Haven't had anything done to it since the day we bought it... June 1995 and it's still going strong.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We have an S-750 built in 1989 and still going strong. Just keep it clean and lubed and it will run forever.

What you need to look into is how you're going to drive it. Your profile says nothing about what you may already have in the way of software or hardware. I drive my S-750 with an interface card supplied by Gerber called an LMK card. In addition, I create and send my jobs from Gerber Omega software.

There are probably other ways to drive the plotter but I would be unable to describe the setup.

ChicagoGraphics

We have an S-750 built in 1989 and still going strong. Just keep it clean and lubed and it will run forever.

Nothing LAST forever!!!

jchristians

Thanks guys for the helpful info! i really do not have any software...actually this may be my first purchase in starting my "decal business/hobby". I am sure if i buy this machine, the seller will point me in a direction of software, etc. thanks again!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Don't buy the machine without the software. Otherwise you'll find yourself looking at $2000 + to buy that.