• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Advantage AR600 Router PLEASE HELP ASAP

infamous

hello all, i have a problem i need everyones help on. i have a GERBER ADVANTAGE AR600 3 axis cnc. the issue is this "X AXIS FAILURE"
the story, i went down to my router room turned on the main power and everything beeped as normal when i went to the arc box controller the screen said slew to point of orientation. this is all normal so far. i push the button to move the gantry and nothing. so i push all the buttons and still nothing. next idea was to manual move the gantry to the orientation point. i did this and hit the up area on the arc box and thr display said orienting however the machine never moved then it beeped and the screen said "X AXIS FAILURE" so i open up the entire machine check all connectors sensors and fuses everything is good. made sure evrything was clean and not locked up or jammed still nothing. cleaned sensors and even swaped sensors to double check and still nothing. i am using enroute 3 so i dumped the drivers and re loaded them still nothing re booted and powered everything about 10 time and still nothing. i have major deadlines do this week and need to be running asap. if anyone has any ideas please let me know asap. thanks

S1gntist

Ar 600

I am experiencing similar problems - sorry for the late reply, same issue with me but a year later (LOL). I noticed that the x-axis cable on the power supply was very HOT (others were OK)...so I shut down the machine and let it cool down....then similar issues again, except that I can manually move the gantry.

My thought are to check all the components in the power supply, my thoughts are that one or more components are toast.

Be nice to have the wiring schematic though - you have one?...Dave