• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Artpath File Help Needed

GB2

Old Member
I'm having a very strange problem with my Gerber Artpath software that is preventing me from completing a job with a critical time frame. I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me setup a file and send it back to me so I can rout it.

The problem I'm having is that suddenly I can't generate a V bottom tool path, simple as that. This just happened without out any other warning, change or issue. I have no problem generating any other tool path or outputting jobs but I just can't create the V bottom incised carve tool path. I've contacted Gerber service and their router service exhausted every possibility and then referred me to the software service division. I've always appreciated Gerber's service department but there definately is a waiting game when using their service and I'm out of time and options. Thanks!

GB2

Old Member
Have you tried rotating the shape(s) you want to v carve before applying the tool path?

Tony, I tried everything....different files, different shapes, rotated and otherwise, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, etc. etc. I was able to output RTP files with the toolpath already created in another file. There is no communication problem with the computer and the router. Every other toolpath works just not the V carve, even the prismatic carve works. It's not a problem with the file, I think there may be a problem with the security key but the latest is that Karen sent me a "patch file" for the key and I ran it but nothing happened, it still did the same thing. Believe me, I think you guys and gals at Gerber are the best but waiting and waiting and waiting for maybe a phone call or an email from service is becoming torture. I can't leave the phone in the hopes that maybe that call will come through and heaven help me if I miss it. Then I have to call back, log my call into your system, get put on the list, and wait and wait and wait for my sacred chance at getting another return call. In the mean time how am I supposed to run a business when I can't do anything but sit by the phone for days and days?

Tony Teveris

When you setup the VCarve parameters and select "Generate" what actually happens?

Do you get any error messages, does the progress dialog appear? I'll assume your NOT on a 64 bit OS.

GB2

Old Member
I'm on a Windows XP Pro 32 bit system and when I set the parameters for the VCarve tool path and click the generate button, the dialog box simply disappears and nothing happens. Again, this is only with that specific tool path, everything else works fine and there are no error messages or anything else. This computer is dedicated to just operating the router and there were no changes or issues of any type with it prior to this happening. It is now a complete new installation of the software too so I can't even imagine what it could be other than a security key issue.

Here's another anomaly for you, I tried emailing Skip numerous times regarding this issue, with simple email and then email with files attached, and each time he would get a blank email from me stating << MIME_ATTACHMENT_STRIPPED >>. Neither of us have any idea what that means or why it kept happening. Obviously one end of the email system had some type of incompatibility with the other but why or what or how to correct it we don't know. I finally went to a different email system on a different computer and got one through.

Tony Teveris

MIME - your email system is striping the attachment, it's not ours.

Can you email me the file and a screen shot of your VCarve setup and I will look at it here.

Tony Teveris

Gary I'm sending you the file back. Not sure I did the toolpath correct (selection wise). I see nothing wrong with the data and had no problems using ARTPath 5.0 on a Windows XP (32 bit)

Aj03

I am wondering if Anyone has found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem and haven't been able to find anything anywhere that helps.