• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber cable or any serial cable?

GoodPeopleFlags

Does the communication cable for a GSx15 Plus *have* to be Gerber or can it be any 9-pin serial cable? I have another thread going talking about issues I'm having with my Omega 5 talking to my plotter so I thought I might as well try a new cable to see if that's the problem. I'd rather run over to Staples and grab one for a few bucks instead of paying a lot more for a Gerber one and waiting for it to get here to possibly find out that's not the problem anyway.

S11930

another suggestion

you can get a serial to usb and try that. Serial ports have not been used in awhile

Tel

we have an old gsx15 plus on a serial cable it's a long cable but not more than 10 foot by any means we use it in conjunction with an edgeLE i think that is an edge 2 and omega 2 and have no problems at all it's a great machine just need a clean and a drop of oil every 6 months. I don't know if it's a gerber cable or other make. All Ican say is they are worth getting going as they are a super machine and if you can't I am sure you will get a decent price for it from people who have an edge.