• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Dimension 200 Update - Issue with Router/Spindle

Tristenskelly

Wanted to give an update on my 'hobby' Gerber Dimension 200 that has been sitting for ~20 years.

I was able to get the machine cleaned up and play around with it a bit. I was able to find that there is a 'test' function that I was able to put it through the 'wagon wheel' test with success! The only problem that I am seeing is that the router/spindle does not turn on when I flip the switch to on... I did take the router off and opened it up to clear some dust and check the wires/connections that I could see and everything seemed to be in order. Does anyone have advice where to start here to find the problem? This is wired down into a large electric box that is on the stand below the machine where multiple other connections go - I did not check anything out down here, but the wires look visually okay.

I do notice that it looks like there is a ground wire that I do not have grounded to anything - could this be causing a problem and where would be a good spot to ground this?

Also, I did try and run files to this from ArtPath, using a cable from the 'control pad' box to a laptop, and could not figure out how to 'route' what I had on this file to test it. I got to the point in ArtPath where I go to the 'output' menu and send the file to the machine, but couldn't find out how to get this to 'route' or cut the design - I am thinking I am missing a step from the control pad.

I apologize if any of my terminology is off here, I am a novice when it comes to these CNC machines - I use Gerber HS15 plotters for my business and have not had any experience with these routing CNC's.

Thank you!

JBurton

Signtologist
routing CNC's
Just throwing this out there, you'll have more luck looking for answers if you call it a CNC router. Initially I was confused when you said: "could not figure out how to 'route' what I had on this file to test it", took a minute to figure out you meant 'cut', or 'make chips'. Just some terminology to make things easier to understand.
Get some pictures of your spindle, I thought these were driven by a VFD, but reading up a bit on them that might not be the case.
Here is some info on initializing the router and starting, not sure if this is what you're after but it's a start. Here is a link to the pdf this came from: https://www.gerberscientific.net/gs...!&filename=ARTPath_AutoC_reference_manual.pdf
1711490290794.png