• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Gerber Dimension 200x

Chad Ingram

I have a Gerber Dimension 200x Router/engraver that I run with Artpath. My trouble right now is that I know nothing really has been updated in years. I am wondering if there are parts I can upgrade on my engraver or updating my software that I could bring this thing into this century?

My wife and I bought a custom sign/apparel/trophy shop and this machine came with it. I use it alot so hard part is I cannot afford much down time as well with it.

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas you may have for me.

Chad

GB2

Old Member
The Gerber Dimension 200X is no longer manufactured and there are really no parts or options that you can upgrade, you can however get the latest version of Gerber Omega with ArtPath. The X model that you have was the model that originally came with all the options available when it was new. I used to have one myself and it really was a great piece of equipment.

I have a Gerber Dimension 200x Router/engraver that I run with Artpath. My trouble right now is that I know nothing really has been updated in years. I am wondering if there are parts I can upgrade on my engraver or updating my software that I could bring this thing into this century?

My wife and I bought a custom sign/apparel/trophy shop and this machine came with it. I use it alot so hard part is I cannot afford much down time as well with it.

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas you may have for me.

Chad
Hello Chad
Just wondering if you found any way to upgrade your machine. I'm going to look at one tomorrow, it is missing software. I was thinking of going to cnc open build to replace controller & run open source software. I think the machine will run slower but for the price it seems like a cheap entry into the cnc world. These machines seem to be well built & the electronics are the down fall in today's environment.

Thanks