• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 1 & 2 Door Shocks

toleson1

I am wondering if anyone knows if the door shocks from a Gerber Edge 1 will fit on the Gerber Edge 2? I have an Edge 1 I just took out of service and put a Edge 2 in it's place however the shocks that hold it open are weak. I would look myself but I have already put the Edge 1 in storage and it is behind a bunch of stuff I really don't want to move if I don't need to. If they do not fit does someone know where I can get the replacements?

Thanks a ton for any help!
Troy

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
They probably fit but I couldn't say for sure. The last time I needed a pair, I got them at my local NAPA store. I took one in so they could match the size ... they stock dozens of different sizes. As I recall the pair was right around $40.00 and they were pleasantly firmer than those supplied by Gerber.

iSign

I don't recall if it was here of 4edgetalk.com but I went armed with a model number when I replaced my edge2 shocks!

They worked fine

toleson1

AWESOME! I just picked up the 2 Lift Supports using the part number you supplied to cross reference the part at Bumper to Bumper (Because it's close to our office) & got the replacements for 17.75 each which work perfect. If anyone is going to do this at Bumper to Bumper the part # is GAB 4057. I believe the pressure rating is 25p. They works awesome!

Thanks for all the help!
:U Rock: