• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 1 None Printing Line

Coban

As for Friday my edge started not printing in a spot. It leaves a white line straight down the print. Does this mean my print head is going out?

I've cleaned it a few times with alcohol wipes but that has not helped.

I print black as an overprint and it prints fine but does leave a notable line.

Here is a sample image of what I mean.

Attachments

• 81AC51EF-C9D6-41E6-AB96-376ABC241475-3746-0000048B9F354E67.jpg
    81AC51EF-C9D6-41E6-AB96-376ABC241475-3746-0000048B9F354E67.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:

smdgrfx

wrinkle in the foil?? or does it happen all the way down the print parallel to the vinyl's edge? If it is a parallel line no matter the color, then you have a pixel out on the head. If it's random, it's a wrinkly in the foil. Happens to me every once in a while.

Coban

Does it on all the colors but black. But I think thats because the heat setting during overprint (?) If the pixel is out.... whats the damage?

smdgrfx

If you have a pixel out, then you will need a new head to fix the problem. Or you can design around it, which I've seen people do. I've not priced a new head, but probably a few thousand if not more. I just bought a small gear for my Gerber plotter a few weeks ago. Was $220 plus shipping. They are proud of their stuff....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If it doesn't leave an unprinted line on any foil you try then it most likely is not your printhead. The first thing I would recommend would be to remove your covers and remake all your connections by unplugging them and then plugging them back in.

theskipman_98

someone correct me if I'm wrong. think I had a problem like this years ago when I ran an Edge 2.

Think I had a registration problem between colors and the culprit was one foil was almost empty, while the the other was almost full.

Think Fred helped me out with this years ago, said was a flaw in design of the Edge.

found link

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33188

Sorry just saw the line in the larger pic....thought you were talking about the white lines around the bolts

Last edited: