Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge 1 problems

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by BRUSHMARKS, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BRUSHMARKS

BRUSHMARKS Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Frazee, MN
    I am having problems with the gerber edge lately. I use to get this message once every few weeks and i would just reboot computer and would be fine. Yesterday and today it happens about every hour. now is also dropping right in middle of a color and that whole job gets lost. I am in the middle of 2 big orders of around 10k decals. Please any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Our Edge 1 was doing this towards the end of last year, the same thing getting more frequent and was to the point where I would be halfway through a three colour run and it would just stop and the only option was to restart the job. :banghead:

We spoke with tech support and I guess it was a connection error of some sort. We ended up upgrading to Edge FX as the tech said they are going to stop making parts for the Edge 1 soon and they offered us 5k for our old edge if we upgraded.

Sorry this might not be much help.

3. JH

JH New Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Have you tried switching the usb port and the omega dongle to a different port? I have had issues with Onyx droping the dongle when I start windows but never after that.

4. BRUSHMARKS

BRUSHMARKS Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Frazee, MN
    No i have not tried that. So i just need to put in to different usb slots then just reinstall my device in gsp plot to the usb slot its in?

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Do you have any antistatic mats under your Edge? It could be just static causing it!

6. BRUSHMARKS

BRUSHMARKS Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Frazee, MN
    no i do not. i will go get one. do i want just under the edge or everywhere the material and machine touch? Thanks

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    It is best if the material Holder and material is also on it.

8. BRUSHMARKS

BRUSHMARKS Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Frazee, MN
    i put a rubber mat that we had for standing on under material holder, machine and vinyl kick out area. Also unplugged cables re plugged in and have been working fine since 9am. Thanks for the help.