• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 - Bad Behavior

jimbug72

Was hoping I could get a little help here.

The owners son came in and decided he was going to make some stickers. The fact that he had no idea how to use the software or the printers was of no concern to him.

He apparently had a bit of a click-fest before he decided to come get me. Of course he had no clue what he did.

Anyhow, now when I try to cut it always tells me that the item won't fit, when I ignore or auto fit it's like it thinks everything is shifted far to the left. The cuts are way off, and even worse, it cuts EVERYTHING! Turned off cuts, and deleted cuts, but it still cuts them.

I know very little about the Gerber and Composer software. Basically knew just enough to output my illy designs. We don't use it that much

Using a Gerber Edge 2 - enVision Plotter - Composer v. 2.6.1.838

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and I'll happily do my best to give any further information needed.

Thanks in advance!

Marlene

did you turn off the Edge and computer and re-start everything? most of the settings aren't permanent.

jimbug72

Yeah, tried shutting everything down. Was hoping for that, but no luck. I tried opening the last job I did that worked fine, and the same thing happened. Cut every printed line and said job wouldn't fit. It was just one 4.24" round decal.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check to see if the Emulate Omega CS has gotten checked in your Tools > Options settings. That would cause Omega to treat everything as cut only vinyl.

jimbug72

I just looked, it wasn't checked.
It has probably been about a month since we last used it. I can't say for sure it was the kid's clickfoolery, but I don't know what else it could be. To the best of my knowledge, the machine hasn't been touched by anyone besides the owner's son since the last time I used it.

jimbug72

Opened the calibrat.plt file in the c:/jobs/calibrat folder and output/print/cut it and that cleared up both the fitting issue as well as the cutting turned off paths issue.

Thanks again folks for the input!