• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 CMYK Issues

Russ9114

I have been trying to print to my Gerber my using process color CMYK. The color is perfect but i keep getting these little multi-color dots all over my print. Any ideas why it would do that?

J Hill Designs

process colors are made with multi-colored dots - is it happening in the white spaces or something? if so its a profile issue - if not, then the little dots are what make the color

signage

post a picture of what is happening.

Also what software are you using to run edge? and version.

Last edited:

Russ9114

This is what it is doing

Attachments

• COH8C9Csi23b7W5G035FXBwkw.jpg
    COH8C9Csi23b7W5G035FXBwkw.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:

Russ9114

Usually that is what i would do. But my store i work at is getting rid of all my vinyls but CMYK. So i been trying to do my orders with just CMYK but this is the result

signage

try these setting from Fred!
Vector Fills

Classical Dot Halftone
LPI = 53 for gradients
LPI = 70.7 for most solids
LPI = 90 for solids in mid to lighter shades

Raster Fills
Gerbertone STC Photo Halftone
LPI = 53 for gradients
LPI = 70.7 for most solids
LPI = 90 for solids in mid to lighter shades

Output Color Profile

Turn off automatic color management in GSPPlot and manually select the color profile named Gerber EDGE II 300 DPI CMYK.

and read this thread

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You probably just need to change the LPI of the dot pattern. If you are printing from a vector, use Classic Dot and set the LPI for 70.7. If you are using an image, use Gerber Tone STC Photo and set the LPI for 70.7.

If that doesn't work, try changing your output DPI to 300 x 300 (if you're printing at 600 or vice versa if you're printing at 300.

If all else fails, in GSPPlot, turn off your automatic color management and manually select the Gerber Edge 2 CMYK 300 DPI color profile from the drop down menu and which is a great all around profile.