• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 "striping"

fornaxus

My Edge printer is printing evenly spaced, hairline lines down the length of the material, and voiding those same lines where there is printed data. I've been told that this requires the replacement of the motherboard, but since Gerber charges about $3K for that, I'm looking at the possibility there's some other fix - a bad data cable maybe? Photo of a test print (solid bar and gradated bar) included to show what I'm talking about. Ignore the contamination spots - that's not a problem with clean vinyl.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 300x300.jpg
    300x300.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 140

johncurea

My edge 2 is doing the exact same striping issue. The printer has 4435 total minutes. It seems to operate ok except for the striping issue. Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated.

John

yellowdawg

We had issues with random lines once try pulling the print cable at the computer and edge to release any static in the cable. During certain times of the year we had to do this every couple of days.

anthony smith

Been a few yeas ago we no longer use but had a original edge and a fx
had to replace the thermal strip in the old one when it started doing that back then
around 2600.00