• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2 - test print hazy- inconsistent

Jburns

Hello all!

well, now MY Gerber Edge 2 is acting up. ( something in the air SellersSign? :))

Stats: 14K minutes. Has always printed perfect- until turned on this evening. bummer- this is my favorite ( I own a few LE units).

Symptom: Hazy print on block test pattern towards the top --It is inconsistent - or shall I say non- repeating.

I have tried:
1. different vinyls
2. different foils
3. tested print with hidden key
4. tested print with Gerber Omega - ( 6.0Cp) just a simple 11.6 or so wide block.
5. pulled side covers, re-seated print cable, and all others I could access.
6. cleaned all dust out. - very little.
7. pulled top cover - all connections, capacitors look good.
8. (I have not checked the actual cable to print head connection)
9. tried different outlet circuit and power cord.

It printed a little better with the sent file.

If you are a Gerber owner - and seen this before, please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance!!

Pics

Gerber Test 2.jpg

Gerber Test 1.jpg

Gerber Edge 3.jpg

That is definitely a new one for me. There really must be something in the air.. I'll never understand how a machine works great one day and then you fire it up the next day and it's a disaster.

Jase

I'd say head has aconnection fault or is just wearing out, does it get better the warmer it gets?

Jburns

Thank you Jase- no - not getting better- tried re-seating the data cable at head- no luck. frustrating- it has only 12K minutes.

Jburns

Update - swapped the data cable from my other edge - same problem... on to the next possibility....

Jburns

Issue was found to be a bad printhead. - problem resolved- good thing I own more than one gerber edge.