Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge 2 Will Not Get Design From Computer Software

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by Will308decals, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Will308decals

Will308decals Member

Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    Hi, I am a 17 year old who is starting my own business making decals for sports teams and making signs. I just bought a gerber edge 2 last week. I have been trying to figure out how it works but cannot. I cannot get the design from my computer software to transfer over to my printer. I use flexi 7 and when I push RIP and Print and send the design to my printer nothing happens. I push online on my gerber edge after I send the print and nothing happens. Any suggestions on what to do? The seller did not bring the original cord that connects the computer with the gerber edge so I bought a new one that uses a USB adapter. He thought that cord might be the problem and is sending the original cords to me. Do you think that might fix the problem? Thank you

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    It sounds like the issue is your communication cord. You have a few options
    1. The easiest connection is the older style wide parrallel cord.- if your computer has this port.
    note: not all parellel cords will work. I have had mixed success.
    2. If you are using USB / conversion Parallel, then use Gerbers they sell. Others may /may not work.
    3. Flexi 7 may / may not have USB option for the Edge- hopefully it does, if you have to use USB.

3. Will308decals

Will308decals Member

Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    Thank you! I do not think the cords are Gerber so I will look into buying some of their cables. Thanks again!

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    check your comm settings on device manager also- make sure they match flexi, etc. make sure the conversion cable shows up properly in device manager,etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Will308decals

Will308decals Member

Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    ill check that. Thank you