• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 3 Data Error/Freezing after Every Color

Coban

So my Edge 2 is acting up. It keeps freezing/ Giving me Data Error 3 after each color. So I'm having to run one color, then restart the job and run the next. This is very frustrating. I've searched for a list of things to try and here is what I've done so far with no success in fixing the issue:

-Changed both cords
-Restarted comp. multiple times
-Reinstalled Printer
-Tried various files
-Changed page width

Anyone have anything else I can try? Could this be a computer issue?BTW I'm using Flexi. Thanks in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check your Sentinel Driver Config. It should be set to Yes for the port where your security dongle is connected and to No for the port that is connected to the Edge. You should also insure that there are no jobs ahead of your job or just sitting in your Production Manager.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sentinel.jpg
    sentinel.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 535

Marlene

are all the Gerber people gone from the page? I had this issue a few years back and Tony called me and had me reset the amount of memory (?) alotted as it wasn't enough and that caused it to stall. sorry I can't be more help but do try calling Gerber tech support as they might be able to walk you thu a fix

Coban

Update: Gerber says the CPU is bad/ going out and is $3000 to replace. THinking I trade in for the FX.

davedavedave

Update: Gerber says the CPU is bad/ going out and is $3000 to replace. THinking I trade in for the FX.
damn this sucks...

i got me a used gerber 2 and i spend 1 week setting it up...
i printed a few test files without any problems...
the test files were just text in 5 different colors, i made the file directly in flexi...
i had no problems changing the cartridges at all it came out perfect i was totally amazed LOL (was the first time i ever used a cutter or a printer)

anyways i then tried it with one of my actuall print files for illustrator...
i mapped the colors and setup the cutline and sended the job...
first i had about 100 data error 3 messages pop up on the gerber...

then after experimenting with the functionig test file i found out AFTER A
data error 3 i need to clear the print list in windows and in the production manager...
after its cleard i need to press reset and then online on the gerber...

sometimes the error keeps poping up even the lists are empty then i need to restart the machine...

somehow (i dont know how) i managed to send the file after a fresh restart of the gerber and flexi + produciton manager...
BUT it also gave me the data error 3 again after i was finished with the second cartridge out of 4....

this really slows down the work flow .. i hope it is just because of the imported file from illustrator...

the weird thing is... the test file i printed has more colors and also is double the size... and its working...
so this means stuff created directly in flexi works with no problem...

will need to test a lil bit more.... i really hope i dont have the same problem then u had...