• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge dongle

MACE

Hello

An old friend of mine I used to do sign work for has given me a Gerber Edge. Thing is though he doesn't have the dongle key. It has been misplaced or lost. He received the edge from his brother who passed away last year.

What I am wondering is: How would I go about getting a replacement dongle key for it? I would like to get it working if at all possible.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Edge does not require a dongle. What does is the software used to send a job to it. That software would be Gerber Omega, Gerber Grafix Advantage, Flexisign Pro or Signlab with the thermal module. Do you have any such software?

MACE

The only programs I recognize are Flexisign and Signlab. I don't remember Signlab requiring a dongle.

The Signlab we used to use was probably a cracked version. Good news though. He acted like it required a dongle. I guess he just didn't know what he was talking about.

To answer your question though, no i don't have any of those programs at the moment.

Marlene

what kind of Edge? old original Edge or an Edge 2? if it is the old one, it might not be worth bothering to spend any money but if it is an Edge 2 and you plan on using it for printing, look into buying a good used complete with nothing missing software like Omega.