Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge dongle

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by MACE, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MACE

MACE New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Hello

An old friend of mine I used to do sign work for has given me a Gerber Edge. Thing is though he doesn't have the dongle key. It has been misplaced or lost. He received the edge from his brother who passed away last year.

What I am wondering is: How would I go about getting a replacement dongle key for it? I would like to get it working if at all possible.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The Edge does not require a dongle. What does is the software used to send a job to it. That software would be Gerber Omega, Gerber Grafix Advantage, Flexisign Pro or Signlab with the thermal module. Do you have any such software?

3. MACE

MACE New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    The only programs I recognize are Flexisign and Signlab. I don't remember Signlab requiring a dongle.

The Signlab we used to use was probably a cracked version. Good news though. He acted like it required a dongle. I guess he just didn't know what he was talking about.

To answer your question though, no i don't have any of those programs at the moment.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Well you need to have one of the four I listed along with a legal dongle. Good luck.

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    what kind of Edge? old original Edge or an Edge 2? if it is the old one, it might not be worth bothering to spend any money but if it is an Edge 2 and you plan on using it for printing, look into buying a good used complete with nothing missing software like Omega.