Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber Edge Floor Graphics

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by signgirl, Apr 24, 2020.

1. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    ive been asked to do some social distancing floor markers. Wanting to do them with my Gerber Edge . I know they run a scrubber daily so I’m not sure what to use over the vinyl to protect the graphic. Maybe purchase some floor laminate, apply to graphic then back to the machine to contour cut? Does Gerber carry a product that I can put into the machine like the uv cartridge? For instance what I’ve seen done with football helmets.

Thank you?

Tags:
  2. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Was meant to say Thank You!

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Gerber makes, or they did make, a floor graphics kit that included the vinyl and laminate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Convex is made for the Edge

• Like Like x 1
  5. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    There is an "Abrasion Guard" foil, but I wouldn't consider it a replacement for a laminate in this case, not to mention the fact that technically floor decals should carry a slip-resistance rating.

Gerber/3M did (maybe still do) sell a floor graphic kit w/ a 10ish mil laminate like Bill said, but I would imagine it would cost an arm and a leg.

I'm not sure what kind of air-release vinyl you can get in 15" punched these days but regarding the laminate, Avery DOL 2080 is cheap and rated for slip-resistance.

• Like Like x 1