• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber EDGE FX - Edge Foil Colours for Motocross Applications.

mxkid1979

Please, please can anyone help...

I am just getting started in my UK based Motocross Graphics Company. I am almost set to go. However I am on the verge of purchasing some EDGE FOILS to get me started, however, I have come across the first hurdle!!!!

What FOILS are the best match to the following.....

HONDA RED
YAMAHA BLUE
SUZUKI YELLOW
KAWASAKI GREEN
KTM ORANGE

I think personally it is the HONDA Red that gets the biggest ? mark against it.

ANy help would be real useful.

Also - I am Using signlab 7 as my print/cut hardware - however when instructed to do so, which is the colour scheme I need to choose to best fit into the EDGEFOILS I am going to use?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Gareth.

Craig Perry

there are new specific foil colors matched to the KTM & KAWASKI from what i understand, however cannot seem to find them, someone from Gerber can confirm?.

Ken Sankey

If you have a Gerber FX or even an older Edge 2 for that matter, matching colors is not hard for solids like a Honda red. With the Gerber series you could print what is called a spectatone, thats one color foil on top of another. The book put out by Gerber that has the formulas to produce certain colors can be purchased, cost I'm unsure of but its handy to have. Best of luck.

Tony Teveris

Only on the FX

Red II GCS-393 - Honda Red
Green II GCS-506 - Kawasaki Green

I have heard there are P/N for these on the edge and Edge II. I will confirm.

Last edited:

Craig Perry

thanks tony, i actually have been looking for these..

and yes, you can spectratone..some detail, click on the fill bucket and change the palette to 'Gerber Spectratone' then from the drop down menu to the left pick the pantone color you want (select it from a pantone swatch first) .. then two foils will be suggested to print this colour.. click on the 'Pantone Colours' button and you will see some numbers to the right, LAB and then Delta E.. from what i understand Delta E is basically the difference between the actual colour and what the edge will print for you.. the lower the number the better the match, i have found anything under 2 is a very good match.. thats my 2c anyway.

mxkid1979

Thanks for all your help so far guys...

This will definitely come in useful as we get going over the next few days.

Thanks again... And.. if there are any other useful pieces of advice, please feel free to forward them to me!!! lol