• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX Fatal Error 630

bjcoenen

Recently the Gerber Edge FX vinyl printer I am using has made loud, terrible noises upon starting up. I immediately shut it off and turn it back on and it works fine. That is until a few days ago when starting a job, the foil begins to lower and loud grinding terrible noises start, the foil will not set and it will beep and say "fatal error 630". It is doing it more and more often and I am wondering if anyone knows what may be wrong and or what to look for. I know the problem is in the foil cartridge holder system (where the foil is loaded into). The noise at start up comes when the foil tray lowers and raises itself, and again the problems start when it lowers the foil to begin a job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

idsignsil

Our FX I think does the same thing. What we do is pull the cartridge forwards (towards the front of the machine). Sometimes it takes a little force. It seems like it does not want to engage the cartridge. I have worked at this shop for 3.5 years and it has been that way since I started. They told me to pull the cartridge forward and it would work. Been doing it ever since, and have not had any problems. Hope this helps.