• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Fx Help!!!

mxkid1979

Calling all Gerber EDGE FX users.....!

I have literally set up my Gerber EDGE FX - with OMEGA 2.6. I am in the business of MX Graphics production here in the UK. However I have come up against a small problem.....

And I know that someone out here will be able to help me somehow.

As great as the OMEGA manual is, it doesn't help with any troubleshooting that you may have, and this is where I am stuck, and I am now turning to you guys for some divine invention!!

OK, here goes...

I do all my MX template designs in Adobe Illustrator CS2. I have them saved as .ai files. To which I thought that I could import straight into OMEGA 2.6, assign the spot colours, output and print, with kick @ss looking decals!

However, in doing this (IMPORTING .ai FILE as VECTOR) checking the 'keep layers' box etc. I assign all of the colours (I am spot colour printing and not CMYK Process!) When I go to print the file, the end print has come out with lots of white dots within the printed decal image? Yet if I say do a simple design and fill with a spot colour on OMEGA and print, it comes out 100% spot on....

It tells me that I am doing something wrong in a file that I am using... I have tried to import as a TIF image with high resolution - but when sending the job to print - the OMEGA software is telling me to print in CMYK and I do not know how to substitute for SPOT colours!

PLEASE PLEASE can anyone give an idea of where I am going wrong....

I know that it has to be something relatively simple that I am doing wrong...

Many thanks for any help in advance...

mxkid1979

Ken Sankey

Ditto. It may view on screen ok, when you look in your print setup the % may only be 97% which will give you dots in your prints as they are not solid colors anymore. Easy fix.