• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Fx Horrible Noise

V1

Pieter22
When i turn the Gerber edge fx on, after about 10 seconds it starts to make a horrible noise.

It lowers the slot were the foils go in and then it raises the slot until it slams into something. This makes the horrible noise because it tries to raise it even it is already on the top.

This issues happens now 8 out of 10 times. When it stars up normal I can use the gerber edge without any issue.

I someone familiar whit this issue? And what could solve this issue?

Jburns

Sounds like a Z- Axis Home position issue? Is there any error codes on the screen on the printer?
I would call tech support -

FunkotronXL

When i turn the Gerber edge fx on, after about 10 seconds it starts to make a horrible noise.

It lowers the slot were the foils go in and then it raises the slot until it slams into something. This makes the horrible noise because it tries to raise it even it is already on the top.

This issues happens now 8 out of 10 times. When it stars up normal I can use the gerber edge without any issue.

I someone familiar whit this issue? And what could solve this issue?

Call tech support.

If the issue goes away and comes back but you can still print with it, it may be able to be resolved without a repair by a tech. You'll need a specific lubricant for the Z-axis screw they will recommend; if that doesn't resolve it, expect a repair and/or replacement of the Z-axis assembly.

If you continue using it and the issues comes and goes, you may end up eventually burning out the power supply due to excessive resistance. Then you'll need a Z-axis assembly replacement, and a new power supply.